LAUNCH YOUR CAREER AS
A WINTER SPORTS ATHLETE
JOIN THE FLŌA JUNIOR PRO TEAM
FLŌA is looking for 10 athletes and ambassadors to become the inaugural member of its Junior Pro Team.
The Junior Pro Team is designed to help young athletes propel themselves into their sporting career by helping them develop the necessary skills and understanding to excel in their chosen discipline.
Following an online voting selection process in the Autumn, 10 athletes will be provided with training and support during AW20 to assist them improve their performance, access free and discounted equipment, build their personal brand and, importantly, develop a positive approach to mental health awareness.
Interested Ambassadors & Athletes are invited to submit their details below and one of the FLŌA team will be in touch with further information of how you can enter.
WHAT IS FLŌA LOOKING FOR?
All athletes or ambassadors interested in joining the FLŌA JPT should be under 25 and possess the following criteria;
- Share FLOA’s values of performance, professionalism, quality and innovation
- Have the ambition to become a leader in your chosen winter sport or discipline
- Demonstrate excellence in content creation, competition performance and/or expedition
- Would benefit from joining the FLŌA programme
- Have an interest in positive psychology and the state of flow (nice-to-have)
- Freeride ski
- Freeride snowboard
- Alpine Skiing
- Ski touring / cross country / nordic
- Freestyle ski
- Freestyle snowboard
- Climbing / mountaineering
- Running / cycling
- Adventure / expedition
- Environment / nature
- Wellness / yoga
- Video / photography /content creation
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
The Junior Pro Team is to serve as a launchpad for young aspiring athletes and adventurers through providing them support, guidance and mentorship over 12 months.
- €2.5k, €1k and €500 cash for the winner, 2nd and 3rd place respectively
- FLŌA base layers and clothing / equipment from additional sponsors
- Brand & sponsorship management
- Social media training
- Audience growth through partner channels
- Fitness & conditioning training
- Mental health awareness
The ambition is to create a team environment where you can learn from other team members, advisors and mentors to help you prepare, plan and then advance your career in a signifiant way top help you on your way to achieving your dreams.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAMME WORK?
FLOA is inviting interested athletes and ambassadors to express interest over the summer in joining the JPT and to submit an application to join the programme with a 5 mins video. A short-listed of athletes will be announced mid-September and put forward into an online voting competition for the month of October.
At the end of October 20 Finalists will be selected and invited to an online / offline Finalist event in London in mid-November where a panel of leading athletes and ambassadors will select the first 10 members to join the the FLŌA JPT.
The JPT athletes are invited to then collaborate with FLŌA and other campaign partners to document their winter online through a co-creation process that culminates in screening a video (10-20 mins) at an end-of-season event in April where a winner is selected by a public vote and panel to award a €2.5k cash prize.
- July: Call For Athletes Open
- August: Call For Athletes Closes
- September: Announcement of 50 short-luted athletes
- October: Online voting opens for 30 days
- November: JPT Selection Event for 20 Finalists in London
- December: Winter tour with 3 further screening events
- April: Finalist video and JPT AW20 winner announced
HOW CAN I ENTER?
To submit an expression of interest please submit your personal details, a short summary of what you’ve been up to until now, what your ambitions are and how you would be an asset to the FLŌA JPT.
Once FLŌA receives your expression of interest one off the team will contact you with further details of the JPT programme including how you can submit your short video (max 5 mins) as part of your application..
The deadline for expressions of interest and applications is mid-August, full applications end of August with the short-list of junior athletes and ambassadors announced in the first half of September.